The inaugural Entrepinays Summit in 2018 was nothing short of magical, and that was solely due to the hard work of our 2018 Planning Committee members.
There were so many Entrepinays from last year’s summit that were interested in getting involved — here is your chance! Join the 2019 Summit Planning Committee and help us make 2019 even bigger and better for the Entrepinay community.
2018 Entrepinays Core Planning Team:
Back Row (left to right): Felicia Jacobe, Ning Recio, Allyson Tintiangco-Cubales, Glenda Macatangay, Angelique Lobo, Pearl Parmalee, Joanne Boston
Front Row (left to right): Stephanie Gancayco, Junalene Demavivas, Gina Rosales, Irene Duller
2019 Summit Committee Roles
Food & Beverage Coordinator
Help us curate an amazing spread food featuring ALL PINAY Chefs, Restaurants, and Bakers!
- Outreach to food vendors to potentially sponsor the event through food donations
- Coordinate all communication with food vendors regarding setup, load in, and clean up
- Collect all food vendor info for program and website (logo, menu, bio) Send food vendor info to Marketing Coordinator to feature on social media.
- Help find and solicit sponsorships for the 2019 San Francisco Summit
Help us curate and coordinate a program of ALL PINAY bosses, leaders, and healers to speak and facilitate workshops for the summit weekend (expanding to a 2-day this year!).
- Create speaker and workshop facilitator application and work with Marketing Coordinator to launch
- Outreach to speakers for lightning talks, workshops, and wholeness sessions
- Work with planning committee to select speakers and facilitators
- Coordinate all communication with speakers and facilitators
- Collect all speaker info to promote on website and program (bio, headshot, workshop/talk description)
Help us to curate and coordinate the welcome experience of all Entrepinay attendees as they arrive at the event and make it magical!
- Create and manage registration process for the event via Eventbrite
- Collect all names for nametags and programs
- Answer questions from registrants prior to event
- Coordinate registration volunteers for day of event
- Work with Marketing Coordinator on nametag and program printing
Help us outreach and coordinate the Aspiring Entrepinay Scholarship so that our conference can be accessible to the next generation of entrepinays!
- Create scholarship application
- Work with planning committee to select scholarship recipients
- Help source sponsorships for our scholarship program
- Coordinate all comms with scholarship recipients
- Organize and delegate volunteer shifts for scholarship recipients for day of event
- Collaborate with planning committee to fill volunteer needs for event
- Answer any questions from scholarship applicants
Sunday Workshops Coordinator
Help us coordinate our NEW 2nd day of Summit Activities. This year we’re aiming to do a Day 2 filled with longer, more in-depth workshops due to popular request from last year’s attendees. Help us select workshops, find sponsor venues to host, and match attendees to workshops. You’ll also help us coordinate an official closing Happy Hour to close out the weekend with our amazing community.
Help us plan and manage the official Entrepinays Summit Afterparty! This is NEW for 2019 and we’re excited to open up parts of our summit weekend to the general public to attend and witness the magic of Entrepinayism. You’ll help us book acts, coordinate with the venue, as well as vendors for the event.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 13, 2019
- Ability to meet virtually consistently AND meet in-person once a month in SF
- Proficient with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, & Slides
- Exceptional writing skills and communication skills in general
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must have own laptop and access to WIFI
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- This role is a volunteer position for the nonprofit project Entrepinays, fiscally sponsored by FADF.
- All Planning Committee members will receive (1) complimentary Weekend Pass for the entire summit weekend events + (4) complimentary Afterparty tickets
- Planning Committee members will also receive a special feature on social media for you and your Entrepinay business, as well as being featured on the Entrepinays.com website, in our email newsletter, and on the actual event program.
- We’ll also call out our Planning Committee at the Main Summit on the Main Stage!
We realize this is a labor of love on top of running our busy businesses, and we’re extremely thankful for our Entrepinay sisters who are making this dream a reality every year! We have big dreams to grow this movement, and every single sister helping along the way is bringing us closer to that dream.
How To Apply:
Please fill out the link below to submit your application for the Planning Committee!
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We encourage you to apply early, as we’re starting to plan ASAP. The first committee meeting will be in April 2019 – date TBD.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 13, 2019
About the Entrepinays Summit:
The Entrepinays Summit is a daylong gathering of pinay entrepreneurs filled with panels, interactive workshops, mentoring, and meaningful connections. The purpose of the summit is to create a network of pinay entrepreneurs rooted in sisterhood and connect them in meaningful ways. We hope to show future generations of pinays that being an entrepreneur is a space that they have access to, belong in, and can thrive in.